Saturday, February 2, 2013

Letter writing

When was the last time you actually took a moment and wrote a handwritten letter? 

February is here and I try to write my friends and families a card and have them post marked by a town with a valentine theme. 

All you have to do is complete your cards and address them. When addressing them make sure to leave plenty of room for the postmark.  Add the needed postage to each card. Then in a larger envelope address it as Postmaster, Valentine Re-Mailing, City, State & Zip code.

Also include a little thank you for the postman that is hand cancelling each card.
My favorites are:

  • Loveland, CO 80538
  • Valentine, TX 79854*
  • Loving, NM 88256
  • Romance, AR 72136
*The young kids get a chance to design the postmark. Each year it is different.

Here are some examples from years past:


Are you planning on sending any valentine this year?
It may be fun to include this and make them even more unique.
Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post! I didn't know that is how it was done. you've been sending me cool post scripts for years and I never knew how it was done. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are different one for every holiday. I am hoping to hit a few more this year besides Valentine's. I missed ground hog's day.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...